Classic carbine configuration of the Model 1873 with barrel band, strap buttplate, saddle ring and straight grip walnut stock. Drilled/tapped for an optional receiver mounted peep sight.
A Classic Carbine. The MODEL 1873 is widely credited as being “The Gun that Won the West®.” Chambered in the popular handgun calibers of the day, it’s been produced in carbine, rifle and musket models. Cowboy Action Shooters love the reliable Model 1873 because it fires the same ammo as their revolver.
Now you can own the real thing. This is a genuine Winchester Repeating Arms® Model '73 with an oil-finished walnut stock, classic blued steel carbine strap buttplate and a 20" round barrel with a full-length magazine, just like the original. Semi-buckhorn rear sights with Marble Arms® Gold Bead front sight gets you on target quickly. Steel loading gate for smoother loading. Receiver rear tang is drilled and tapped for optional tang-mounted rear sight for a more precise sight picture (sight not included). If you’re the type of collector or hunter who won’t settle for second best or a copy of a copy, fill your hands with this magnificent rifle, saddle up and blaze your trail into the sunset.
Features and Benefits
- WALNUT STRAIGHT GRIP STOCK with a satin oil finish that’s velvet smooth to the touch
- CLASSIC CARBINE-STYLE FOREARM with a blued barrel band for the timeless look and feel of the original Model 1873 carbines
- BLUED STEEL CARBINE STRAP BUTTPLATE slips into your shoulder for a solid hold
- BLUED STEEL CARBINE SADDLE RING lets you secure your carbine to your saddle rigging
- LADDER STYLE REAR SIGHT AND BLADE FRONT SIGHT get you on target quickly
- STEEL LOADING GATE for smoother loading
- RECEIVER TOP TANG is drilled and tapped for an optional tang-mounted rear sight for a more precise sight picture