In a world of walnut, maple is unique. The blonde appearance of maple more easily highlights the tiger striping in the wood grain of the Featherweight stock. The Model 70 Featherweight is a classical design of high functionality made beautiful. The light color of gloss-finished maple contrasted with the dark cut checkering on this rifle highlights the elegance of the straight lines and circular curves of the Featherweight stock.
- RECEIVER – Steel; Polished blued
- BARREL – Hammer forged steel; Polished blued finish; Free-floating; Target crown
- ACTION – M.O.A. Trigger System; Pre-64 action; Three-Position Safety; Controlled Round Feed; Controlled ejection
- STOCK – Gloss finish AAAA Maple; Cut checkering; Schnabel forearm
- FEATURES – High Grade, Hinged floorplate; Jeweled bolt body; Knurled bolt handle; Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad; Sling swivel studs