North to Alaska. When planning your hunting trip to Alaska or any other tough hunting environment, be prepared for any situation by having a reliable rifle of the proper caliber, built on the proven Controlled Round Feed bolt-action you can trust with your life. The Model 70 Alaskan features a walnut Monte Carlo stock, rear sight barrel boss, open sights and is chambered for the classic cartridges that are tailor-made for big bruins, moose and caribou.
- SATIN FINISH MONTE CARLO WALNUT STOCK WITH CUT CHECKERING places your eye in perfect alignment with open sights or a scope
- ALLOY ONE-PIECE BOTTOM METAL adds rigidity for better accuracy
- POLISHED METAL SURFACES add style and elegance
- FORGED STEEL RECEIVER WITH INTEGRAL RECOIL LUG IS BEDDED FRONT AND REAR to eliminate shifts in zero for exceptional long-range accuracy
- PRE-’64 STYLE CONTROLLED ROUND FEED WITH CLAW EXTRACTOR fully controls the cartridge from magazine, to chamber, to ejection
- Three-Position Safety shows safety status at a glance
- FREE-FLOATING BARREL for years of pinpoint accuracy
- RECESSED TARGET CROWN enhances accuracy and protects the rifling
- FOLDING ADJUSTABLE REAR SIGHT WITH HOODED BRASS BEAD FRONT get you on target quickly
- M.O.A. Trigger SYSTEM with zero take-up, zero creep and zero overtravel gives you outstanding accuracy
- Blade-Type Ejector for full control of ejection force
- PACHMAYR® DECELERATOR® RECOIL PAD for optimal protection against felt recoil
*SPECIAL NOTE ON SCOPE BASES*
1. The 375 H&H version of the Alaskan requires bases for the Model 70 Safari. Screw holes will not align with Model 70 standard long action bases.
2. When using integrated bases and rings place the screws in first then always start with the front base and once snugly in place, use the scope (set in place) to align the rear integrated base. Then tighten down the base screws. Finally, mount the scope in the rings