SPOT X provides 2-way satellite messaging when you’re off the grid or beyond reliable cellular coverage. Connect SPOT X to your smartphone via Bluetooth wireless technology through the SPOT X app to access your contacts and communicate easily with family, friends, or directly with Search & Rescue services in a life-threatening situation. If preferred or when necessary, SPOT X can be used as a standalone communication device. SPOT X has its own dedicated U.S. mobile number, so others can message you directly at any time.
Exchange messages with any cell phone number or email address from virtually anywhere in the world. SPOT My Account comes loaded with 14 predefined messages that you have the ability to customize and sync to your SPOT X device.
Send an S.O.S. to the 24/7 Search & Rescue center, message back and forth about the nature of your emergency, and receive confirmation when help is on the way.
Select from 2½, 5, 10, 30 or 60 minute tracking intervals, and let family, friends and other adventurers follow your progress with SPOT’s easy-to-use Google Maps™ interface.
Quickly and easily let everyone know you're OK.
Built-in compass and programmable waypoints to help you navigate.
POST TO SOCIAL
Link your accounts to keep your friends and family in the know wherever you go.
- Illuminated QWERTY Keyboard
- 240 hours (10 days) of battery life in continuous 10 minute tracking mode*
- Alerts 24/7 Search & Rescue center
- Rechargeable lithium battery
- Impact resistant, dust & waterproof (IP67)
- 2.7" backlit display
- Personal Canadian mobile phone number
*Battery life is based on a full charge during initial device usage and ideal operating temperature of 25°C (77°F) clear view of the sky and no obstructions.
Height: 16.61 cm (6.54 in)
Width: 7.37 cm (2.9 in)
Thickness: 2.39 cm (0.94 in)
Weight: 198.4 g (7.0 oz) with lithium batteries
198.4g (7.0 oz.) with Lithium batteries
-20C to +60C (-4F to 140F)
-20C to +60C (-4F to 140F)
-100m to +6,500m (-328ft to +21,320ft)
MIL-STD-810G for shock, IP67 for dust
IP67 (1 m for up to 30 Minutes and dust proof)
|BLUETOOTH RANGE||Up to 30ft|
Battery Type and Life
- RECHARGABLE LITHIUM BATTERY
- 240 HOURS (10 DAYS) OF BATTERY LIFE IN CONTINUOUS 10 MINUTE TRACKING MODE.*
Multiple service options are available; click here to learn more about plans and coverage.
|S.O.S. AND 2-WAY MESSAGE COVERAGE||FRINGE S.O.S. AND 2-WAY MESSAGE COVERAGE|
|S.O.S. AND ONE-WAY MESSAGE COVERAGE||FRINGE S.O.S. AND ONE-WAY MESSAGE COVERAGE|
S.O.S. COVERAGE FOR SPOT X ONLY APPLIES TO THE AREA SHOWN ABOVE.
IMPORTANT SAFETY TIPS
- SPOT X needs a clear view of the sky with no obstructions
- SPOT X is not reliable at the bottom of a deep canyon, in a cave, in an abyss, or in very dense woods.
- Before heading off the grid, we strongly recommend that you send a test message to ensure your device was activated properly. You can view your sent messages in your account at FindMeSPOT.com/MyAccount.