From Himalayan treks to hauling a heavy pack across remote mountain ranges where trails are far and few between, the Scarpa Men's Grand Dru GTX Mountaineering Boot was designed and built for rugged mountain terrain, primitive trails, and packing heavy backpacks. When you encounter mud, frequent creek crossings, and wet brush, the Grand Dru's waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex membrane ensures that your feet stay dry and you don't have to dry out soggy socks after you set up camp after a day on the trail. Adding to the overall durability of the boot, Scarpa built the Grand Dru with an Italian-crafted Perwanger suede upper that's reinforced by a burly rubber rand for added protection. A stiff midsole puts an emphasis on stability while navigating rock-strewn trails and talus slopes, and it's compatible with hybrid (semi-automatic) crampons when you need some extra bite to reach your objective.
- A hiking boot built for hauling heavy packs in rugged terrain
- Waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex Performance Comfort membrane
- Siliconized Perwanger suede upper with protective rand
- High cuff with flex cuff provides crucial ankle support
- Stiff PU and TPU midsole with Pro-Fiber XT 20 insole
- Aggressive Vibram sole optimized for primitive mountain trails
- MOUNTING INSOLE Pro-Fiber XT 20 ergonomic insole in Polypropylene + fiberglass with differentiated thicknesses and rigidities with upper EVA coating. Maximum comfort, durability and anti-torsional efficiency.
- UPPER One-piece water-repellent upper in Perwanger 3mm suede and protective rand in rubber. Flex Point for great ease of movement.
- LINING Waterproof GORE-TEX® Performance Comfort lining.
- SOLE The new Essential Sole is designed by SCARPA® and developed in collaboration with Vibram®: the result is a low profile, durable, technical mountain sole with reduced weight.
- COMPATIBLE With semi-automatic crampons.