The Sako 85 Kodiak was designed with the true hunter in mind. The straight, weatherproof stock is made of grey laminated hardwood and reinforced with two cross-bolts. The short, free-floating medium contour barrel features adjustable open sights and a band-type front swivel. The barrel is cold hammer- forged using high-grade alloy stainless steel. The bolt, receiver and detachable magazine are also made of stainless steel, and provide reliable functioning under severe weather conditions.
Sako Kodiak are purpose-oriented weapons for bear hunters. Bear models feature adjustable fast target acquisition iron sights and a detachable staggered two-row steel magazine with TLC, preventing unintentional magazine release. They can be top-loaded and have controlled cartridge feed, an adjustable single stage trigger and a barrel band for front swivel, plus mechanical case ejection. They are also equipped with integral dovetail rails for secure scope mounting.
Features & Design
- The short, totally free-floating barrel of the Sako 85 Kodiak is cold hammer-forged of stainless steel and features adjustable open sights.
- The staggered, two-row magazine of the Sako 85 is made of stainless steel and can also be loaded through the ejection port.
- The special two-way Sako safety locks both the trigger and the bolt handle
- The weight of pull of the single- stage Sako 85 trigger unit is adjustable from 1 to 2 kg (2 to 4 lbs)
- The straight, classic stock is made of gray matte-lacquered laminated hardwood and reinforced with two cross-bolts