Like a good dance move, efficient pack carry starts with the hips. The Apex 80 is built with the Tuning Fork Waistbelt, designed to cup the iliac crest hip bone for a more dynamic fit and improved load transfer. Increased padding on the lumbar pad and the signature Delta Load Compression System stabilize and transfer weight for more efficient and comfortable carry. With a sock-style shoulder strap construction (no seams or hard edges means no digging into the body), increased padding on the waistbelt, adjustable torso range, and a hex-ridged backpanel, the 2019 Apex 80 offers unmatched comfort on every adventure. On trail, the advanced, tubular aluminum frame keeps the weight lower without sacrificing performance. Whether you're at your campsite or on the go, reach for the U-shaped zipper for easy access into the main compartment. Store the essentials in the zippered top lid (secondary map pocket inside) and stash your phone in the stretch mesh zippered waistbelt pockets. From photo gear, fishing tackle, to hammocks; the Apex 80 has room for it all. All Mountainsmith products come with the Forged for Life Guarantee, the official Mountainsmith lifetime warranty.
- Front panel stretch mesh expansion pocket
- Aluminum hoop-frame suspension with dynamic hipbelt integration for increased load transfer
- Hex-ridged EVA backpanel padding for omni-directional airflow
- Dual density EVA/PU shoulder straps with adjustable height load lifters
- Increased lumbar pad thickness for load transfer into lower back