Jared Wihongi, renowned martial artist and tactical combat teacher, was instrumental in helping Browning® develop these Black Label Tactical Blades. Hailing from New Zealand, he came to embody the fighting spirit of the Maori warrior. Later, he gained specialized training in edged and impact weapons—and became highly sought after by law enforcement, U.S. Army Special Forces groups, and more to become their instructor in edged weapons.
The knives in this Wihongi Signature collection are an expression of the form and function Wihongi has come to prefer in each style of tactical knife. Each is etched with Maori symbols, which represent a warrior ancestor whose strength and courage is carried with the fighter into battle.
- Fixed blade knife with full tang
- Hollow ground 7Cr17MoV stainless steel blade
- Deep-draft reverse tanto blade with etched Maori warrior tribal motif
- Black G-10 handle with machined checkering and deeply sculpted finger grooves, plus flush-finish handle fasteners
- Eyelet on handle accommodates a lanyard
- Includes injection-molded polymer belt sheath
- Blade Length: 3.75"
- Handle Length: 4.75"
- Overall Length: 8.5"
- Blade Material: 7Cr17MoV stainless steel
- Blade Style: Reverse tanto
- Blade Grind: Hollow
- Edge Type: Smooth
- Sheath: Injection-molded polymer belt sheath
- Mfg. Number: 320197BL