Posts tagged 'license'RSS Feed
About Obtaining a Hunting License
There are a few steps you need to take before you can go out and legally harvest an animal. These regulations are in place for the preservation of the animals and for the safety of hunters and civilians. Below are some of the steps:
- The very first step every hunter needs to take, is to pass the CORE (Conservation and Outdoor Recreation Education) exam. You can choose to take a course or study on your own and challenge the exam. The CORE exam has both a practical and a theory component and you need to pass both before you can hunt.
- The next step is to get your Hunter Number card. You will need this number in order to purchase any Hunting and Species licences. Once you have passed the CORE exam, you simply take your proof of residence and your CORE exam results to the nearest Service BC center and they’ll take it from there.
- Once you receive you Hunter Number card in the mail, you can go and purchase an animal tag (Mountain Man sells tags).
- All of this assumes that you have access to a firearm. If you do not, you will first (after passing the CORE exam) need to acquire your Firearms Acquisition Certificate.
The whole process of getting licenced takes quite a while. So if you plan to hunt the coming season, we recommend starting the procedure of getting your licence six months before hunting season opens. It’d be a pity to miss the season by not starting early enough, so give yourself lots of time.
If you have any questions about the process, you can come into (or call) Mountain Man Outdoors, contact the BC Wildlife Federation (email: wildlife@BCWF.bc.ca; phone: 1-888-881-2293) or visit the BC Government website: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/resident/#Intro. .
Purchase your Fresh Water Fishing License
Purchasing a Freshwater Fishing Licence is important. It’s important because it allows BC to keep track of the number of fishers in our Province. This helps them to calculate the number of fish being harvested, which helps BC guard the preservation of our fish. You can purchase your BC fishing licence at a store (Mountain Man Outdoors carries fishing licences) or online at the following link: http://www.fishing.gov.bc.ca/.
To buy a licence online...
- A computer connected to the internet.
- A printer to print your licence.
- A valid credit card number.
- And an angler number (you can also get this online [same link or web page]).
It’s very simple, so please do your part in preserving our fish.
When out and fishing, do make pictures and share them with us!